Bring (something) into existence.

"She created a thirty-acre lake"

synonyms:

Generate, produce, design, make, fabricate, fashion, manufacture, build, construct.

Thursday 31 October 2013

Modelling 101

Darleks and Dustbins

Onwards and Upwards


So I started the 3D modelling with very little idea on what I was doing. there's something very demoralising about using new software in high pressure environments, with the bonus that you don't understand a word of what people are trying to tell you and especially when your results look very immature and flawed. There's something soul crushing about glancing at the person next to you to see that, although they started at the same time as you, they have both finished and made it five times better. 
None said it was going to be easy, but I've struggled to get to grips with the program.
luckily I'm determined and shameless, so showing people my wonky cylinder and asking, how do I do the thing? Has become like a greeting, personally I'm hoping it will be an advantage, I will know every single thing that 3ds Max can do wrong and solve it. I have now officially started my journey as... The Max Whisperer.

So it started with a wonky cylinder and I managed to pull through and finish the darlek, I learnt a lot from it in how to make the shapes and easier ways of modelling so my next task was a dust bin and learning texturing. I'll be honest I didn't understand it much and the idea of mapping didn't click this time. I that's why it's called learning, and I have a lot to learn. 



No comments:

Post a Comment