Bring (something) into existence.

"She created a thirty-acre lake"

synonyms:

Generate, produce, design, make, fabricate, fashion, manufacture, build, construct.

Friday 28 November 2014

Week 5

Individual Projects Begin

Sentry Guns, Iteration for the Nation 

A new project begins, the sentry turret. This time our brief is to design, model and transfer to engine a sentry gun. The blueprints and animation is set up. All we need to do is import and replace... or so we thought. (Freddy and the pivots from hell is another story).

We began by making a good old fashioned pinboard: http://uk.pinterest.com/cantondmuga/gunned-down/

Oh Pintrest the way you make my research easy and accessible makes my heart skip. My chosen theme was pastel goth and diesel punk. My idea was to create a diesel punk silhouette, then theme and mix in the pastel elements. 



From here we created reference boards and from these our first silhouettes. My first silhouettes were made from a bash kit created from my mood board, which was really good fun and a technique I hadn't used before. I could have iterated until the cows came home nothing was stopping me. However when I got to 50 reason stopped me, it was time for feedback



From the favorite designs of each person I asked, I produced tonal outcomes and started to develop them into something more pastel goth. Needless to say, not much time was spent on this after all those first silhouettes. At least i'm happy with the sheet and feel a lean towards which is the strongest design. Before I knew it we were knee deep in the turret project and I was on to colour sheets.
Tonal Studies, how will these be 3D

Colour Sheet

Final Design, and I'm very excited 



Next time on Freddy does game art, 3DS max and the day of the round shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment