Bring (something) into existence.

"She created a thirty-acre lake"

synonyms:

Generate, produce, design, make, fabricate, fashion, manufacture, build, construct.

Tuesday 2 December 2014

Week 6

Back on the Grind Stone

Modelling is love modelling is life


3DS Max is the main tool in my software belt as a 3D modeller and my relationship with this software has strengthened as the course has gone on. But none could have anticipated the struggles of low poly bat wings.

The Model



Nevertheless I have prevailed and me and Max have created my turret and it looks just like the silhouette, complete with cage pivot. I'm really happy with how the pivot translated into 3D.

As it was modelled I felt it was time to test my gun in Unreal 4; in hindsight I should have had it unwrapped but I was too excited. This showed me that my favourite part, the caged pivot, looks odd as a pivot when the gun moves. (Not to mention the 30 times I tried importing the mesh only to have the gun parts move in 3 different directions.)
My Topology

My attempts to make it look more suitable have failed, but I kinda like it looking off. The gun itself is a little weird and wonderful and maybe the insane pivot is just an aspect of that.

The best part of all this is the blueprint learning that has occurred through trial and error. It may not be an opinion shared but trial and error makes me clever. Every project I have a struggle with I learn and can apply so much more for my next assignment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment