Bring (something) into existence.

"She created a thirty-acre lake"

synonyms:

Generate, produce, design, make, fabricate, fashion, manufacture, build, construct.

Wednesday 24 December 2014

Week 9

Concepting and Modeling in sync


Final idea tonal 
final idea tonal

I wanted to use the fact that I had already got two strong ideas completed early on to my advantage, For this project i would model both characters as my stretch goal.

Ideas for patterns

Ideas for patterns

Colour concepts
Colour concepts




It wasn't long before i had the first attempts underway but i quickly found that the shape of a bell, or in this case poncho is not an easy shape to pull out of a cube. This led me to try many other shapes to find the easiest way of forming the ponchos for my two characters. In the end it turned out I will forever be the box modeler I started off as. In order to have nice quaded and looping topology, starting with the good old trusty box, is the only way I could make them.

Once the great poncho shape debate of 2014 was over it was time to move on with my life... I mean models and tweak the original designs to fit a little better in 3D.

This week has now ended in unwrap city, but texturing them is next weeks ordeal, good luck next weeks me...

No comments:

Post a Comment