Bring (something) into existence.

"She created a thirty-acre lake"

synonyms:

Generate, produce, design, make, fabricate, fashion, manufacture, build, construct.

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Week 19

Alice in the wondering lands


Following on from my previous group project, I'm straight back on the group work horse. While I wouldn't call my last project horrendous, it certainly taught me a lot about working with artists and how to organise the ever sporadic mind.

This time my group is six people, comprised of people I both know very well and some I have hardly ever spoken to. I Can't wait to get to know these not so new faces properly and be able to create something exciting with them as our first introduction. However that urge may just be the "creative" inside me, wanting constantly to show people the images and ideas in my head.

I must admit this project is truly bringing the "creative" inside me, outside me, in a singing and dancing fashion. The Off the Map Project for the British Library this year is based on Alice in Wonderland. I must admit I am a bit of a Lewis Carroll lover myself, the tales of the Jabawocky are among some of my favourites. So upon hearing my topic is about literary nonsense and a world that has no need to be grounded, I'm very excited.


The research has started, the book has been read, the mood boards are coming. My friends, the time to concept is upon us. But for now Freddy must stop this blog, "for the hot day made her feel very sleepy and stupid."

No comments:

Post a Comment